Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Movin on up

I love it when life is quiet for a while, when you actually have time to wake up and not jump out of bed to start the day. These last two weeks with no school have been a great way to transitions from school mode to camp counselor mode. I have to admit I'm nervous about being in charge of 12 little girls for 24 hours a day 5 days a week. I'm scared one of them is going to die while in my care, but I'm even more scared that I'm not going to know the answers to hard questions they are going to ask me about life. This year our theme at camp is ENOUGH. We are teaching the girls that who they are is enough for Christ to use and he is enough to supply every need for them. I know girls, especially their age, battle with self image all the time, and I can't wait to show them through scripture, that they are beautiful not because of their outer beauty, but because they are daughters of the most high King, which is the best kind of beautiful anyone could ever be. The journey to prepare myself spiritually for this summer has been bitter sweet. I've had to come face to face with a lot of issue I shoved in the closet for a long time and give them over to God, but it's so freeing to absolutely let go of your life and let Him take control. I have already met about half the girls I will be on staff with at WorldSong and they are some pretty incredible people! I can't wait to get to know them more during our training week.
I'm going to try and update this on the weekends, since I can't put pictures up of the girls due to privacy laws I want people to be able to experience camp as best as possible.
Leaving for the beach in the morning and can't wait to relax for another week before heading off to camp for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment